Infection Prevention and Control is about preventing infections particularly those that are associated with healthcare – for example, ways of preventing infections being spread on the hands of healthcare workers or carers.
- Provision of information education and advice on Infection Control
- Monitoring and reviewing infections in the community eg MRSA and C difficile
- Development of Infection Control policies and procedures for health care staff
- Advise on measures to tackle healthcare associated infections
- Support in the prevention, management and control of infection
- Monitoring of infection control standards and practices
- Changing behaviours, promoting a culture of cleanliness
- High standards of cleanliness
- Making sure equipment is clean
- How to recognise signs of infection
- Educating service users/healthcare professionals and carers
The toolkit is presented to community health and social care staff in the form of a digital app and a pocket guide for easy reference.